UNAIR NEWS – Universitas Airlangga officials awarded academicians and public figure who have made achievements in the society. They are from UNAIR, mass media and public officials.
The awards were presented in Appreciation Night to Airlangga Fellows held in Isyana Ballroom, Hotel Bumi, Surabaya, Thursday, December 1. It was also a closing event of 62nd Dies Natalis “62 Years Universitas Airlangga for Just and Civilized Indonesia”.
Important guests were from the regency level public officials in East Java, UNAIR officials, rectors of universities in East Java and members of Regional Legislative Council of East Java (DPRD Jatim)
In his address, UNAIR Rector Prof. Dr. M. Nasih, S.E., M.T., Ak, on behalf of the university he expressed his gratitude to the awardees. “Without their contribution, UNAIR will be difficult to advance and develop. Contributions made were to create just and civilized Indonesia, pursuant with the theme of this year’s anniversary,” said Pro. Nasih.
One of the awardees, East Java Governor, welcomed well the appreciation given directly by UNAIR Rector.
“Universitas Airlangga is expected to make more contributions to achieve people prosperity. Because Airlangga (UNAIR) has everything to give inputs to the government,” said Soekarwo.
Here is the list of the awardees in the Appreciation Night of Airlangga Fellows:
- Khaulah Qurata A’yun for Inspiring Student. She was a bidikmisi scholarship awardee from FEB with GPA 3.75.
- M. Khairul Hidayat for Outstanding PON Athlete. Khairul is a student of FKH who won a bronze in Tarung Drajat with GPA 3.9.
- SMAN 5 Surabaya and SMA Al Hikmah. Both are schools with students admitted in UNAIR and with great GPAs.
- Gresik Regional Administration. It is where Campus D is being constructed, where human resources developed and the location of KKN since 1990.
- Indonesian Journalist Association (PWI). Mass media is the partner of UNAIR in publishing information on innovation and achievements of its academicians.
- Bank Mandiri and PT. Phapros. Both are UNAIR partners in banking and industrial collaboration.
- Prof. Dr. M. Zainuddin, Apt., for Lecturer with Integrity in Education. Prof. Zainuddin is the Head of LP3UA, Dean of Faculty of Psychology from 2000 to 2007, Vice Rector I from 2006-2010 and also the Head of national Lecturer certification.
- Prof. Dr. Ni Nyoman Tri Puspaningsih, M.Si., for Lecturer with Integrity in Research. She was an expert of industrial enzyme and organic chemistry.
- Dr. Nyoman Anita Damayanti, M.Kes., drg., for Lecturer with Integrity in Community Service. She was the initiator of Mother with Pregnancy and Infants Care Movement (GELIAT) UNAIR.
- Haryanto Basuni. He is the Head of UNAIR Alumni Association from 2007-2012, Head of Ulul Azmi mosque construction and the Social Volunteer Award winner from BK3S East Java Government and director of some companies.
- Nur Cholis. He is the current President Director of PT. Mushroom Factory.
- Andie Megantara. Andie is a staff in the Coordinating Ministry of Economy who also collaborates with UNAIR.
- East Java Governor Dr. (H) Soekarwo, S.H., M.Hum., for Implementer of Science for People Prosperity. Soekarwo dedicates himself for science development, especially the economy and legal field. He is also the initiator of Jatimnomics.
Author: Defrina Sukma S