UNAIR NEWS – To show its existence at national level, Universitas Airlangga Student Choir (UKM PSUA) “Universitas Airlangga choir Competition 2016”. The competition was held from May 4-7 in Management Office Building Hall UNAIR.
The competition was participated by 21 groups of college and senior high school students. Participants from Surabaya, Semarang, Salatiga, Yogyakarta, Sidoarjo, Bandung and Banjarmasin competed for the best in each category. The competition was divided into categories, contemporary, religious, folk, chamber and historical program category.
Before competing in UNAIR grand prix, every participant was obliged to send their recorded audio of their performance. Participants pass the selection from artistic team then became the competition contender. Participants in each category had undergone tough selection process until they were through to the grand prix round. In grand prix, every participant compete to be champions and get gold, silver and bronze medals.
Looking at the participants’ enthusiasm, the Head of UKM PSUA Aditya Sahrul Bagaskara said that the next competition in 2018 will invite international judges.
“In 2018, we will hold this competition again with different and better concepts. As planned, the judges won’t be from Indonesia only but also international judges,” said Aditya, a student from Faculty of Economics and Business 2013.
Here’s the list of the winner in each category:
- Contemporary music category: Vocalista Harmonic Choir (Institut Seni Indonesia Yogyakarta),
- Religious music category: Octava (Universitas Parahyangan, Universitas Padjajaran, Institut Teknologi Bandung, and Universitas Indonesia alumni)
- Folk music category: Voca Erudita (Universitas Negeri Sebelas Maret)
- Chamber music category: Universitas Mercubuana Choir
- Historical program category: Voca Erudita (Universitas Negeri Sebelas Maret)
- Grand champion: Voca Erudita (Universitas Negeri Sebelas Maret).
Author: Disih Sugianti
Editor: Defrina Sukma S.